The INOMANS2HIP project held its first Industrial Advisory Meeting this June. The purpose of the Advisory Board was to ensure that the aims, objectives and work to date of the INOMANS2HIP project to date is in line with the needs of industry. The meeting was held during the Electric and Hybrid Marine World Expo in Amsterdam.
Representatives were drawn from numerous partner organisations within the INOMANS2HIP consortium. The meeting was organised and run by Gican (Groupement des Industries de Construction and Activités Navales) Representatives attended from the following organisations.
- Newcastle University
- UK National Renewable Energy Centre
Topics included in the meeting included:
- Environmental impact and marine fuel issues : fuel market evolution, desulphurization solutions, return on investment
- Trends in the RO/RO ship concept
- Validation of the electric power generation drivers
- Renewable energy systems
- Exhaust gas recirculation (EDR) for waste heat recovery systems
The INOMANS2HIP consortium have taken the results from this meeting, and will repeat the exercise later in the year.